May 15, 2012 2 comments
1) The most impressive display of facial hair on winemakers ever under one roof
2) Bath Pig, Mr Trotters, Sipsmith, and Sacred. Not the latest names of boy band members but just a few of the fabulous artisan food and drink producers sampling their wares at the fair.
3) With paintings of fishermen catching wine bottles and men eating wine with forks, this is not your every day art exhibition
4) Buy what you try! With over 200 of the sampling wines for sale at our pop up shop, this is the perfect opportunity to get your hands on your favourite hard-to-find hand crafted wines.
5) Vineyard horses, qvevri, wine ‘grown’ in concrete eggs to the lull of electric guitar strains…All subjects of our myriad of masterclasses, hosted by superstars of the natural wine world. How could you miss out?!
6) Lentil, rocket & toasted pumpkin seed salad with pomegranate molasses dressing. Char-grilled organic salmon with artichoke, preserved lemon and pink peppercorn salsa. Parma Gnocchi Fritti. Beetroot borani with feta & walnuts. Getting hungry yet? You should be! These are just a few dishes on offer from the top restaurants supplying food at our Real Wine Café.
7) Our cinema may not be the Odeon, and we don’t serve popcorn, but you can rustle your pork scratching packets to your heart’s content. And instead of cola, wash them down with a Pixley Berries juice!
8) Where a white is not a white (but sometimes orange or amber) and a red is not a red (but sometimes pink), we’ll turn your preconceptions of wine upside down. Ain’t it great to be surprised?!
9) Many of our wineries could qualify for the Guinness Book of Cuckoo Wine Records. From the highest vineyard in mainland Europe (in Granada, since you ask), to another on the slopes of a still active volcano, to the craziest vines that grow wild in a Chilean forest, to a wine made in a monastery, and another crafted by an ex-D J, and yet another by an eccentric soul who hang-glides over his Alpine vineyards there is an abundance of weird and wonderful treasures! Come and taste them!
10) In Alice Feiring’s words, ‘Has there ever been another time in space where so many amazing, fabulous, wild and crazy vignerons and those who love their wines will congregate in one city at one time?’